Torn Carpets: DIY Or Carpet Repair Services
A tear on your carpet could happen when you accidentally pulled a furniture or fixture that has slightly sharp edges. Seeing a tear in your carpet will be a very frustrating sight. You might even regret not asking someone to help you lift the furniture. You can’t cry over spilled milk, the tear is already there and the only thing that has to be done is to repair it. Will you do it by yourself or call professional carpet repair services.
If you decide to do it yourself, here are some steps to consider.
1. Check the extent of the damage and determine how large it is. Get more Interesting details about professional cleaning services on carpetcleaninglocal
2. If you kept some of the excess carpets after the installation, it’s time to bring it out. If you don’t have any excess carpet, you can try searching for a hidden spot where you can cut a piece.
3. Measure the size of the carpet to be repaired, and cut the same size from the excess carpet.
4. Carefully removed the carpet that is damaged using a knife or a box cutter.
5. Once the damaged carpet is removed, insert the carpet tape that will hold the replacement piece.
6. If the carpet tape is already in place, you can now insert the replacement piece from the excess carpet. Gently apply some pressure to make the carpet adhere to the tape.
7. If the replacement piece is already fitted, remove any excess fibers on the edges of the carpet. Be careful not to trim them too short or else you will have to repeat the whole process.
8. After doing this, put some heavy objects over the repair area for a couple of days to complete the repair process.
Doing the carpet repair will be challenging if you don’t really have the skill in doing it. If you feel you will just ruin the carpet more, then leave it to the professionals to do the repair.